Thursday, May 17, 2012

WESTERN FLYER

Still high on the blue cruize build, I decided to get started on the Western Flyer i've had lying around. Well, my buddie had it lying around originally, his brother trash picked it when he was still in high school, and it had been sitting in his garage since then... until I asked him if I could refurbish it.

Took it on down to Lumpy's bike shop and scored an almost identical Sears purple donor bike, which I used to swap out a decently good set of wheels and way chromier handlebars, as well as the front fender i was missing. Took it down to the frame in an evening and spent the rest of the next day covering myself in tiny little shards of steel wool, which gets everywhere I found out. Yesterday I picked up a NOS Schwinn spitfire tire for the front, and some gnarly dirt tire for the back, and called over Evan to lend a hand in the final assembly. Put her together in no time at all and immediately took blue cruize and the purple wheelie puller out for a spin, followed by a pretty intense wheelie contest session.




Finally put all back together. This thing cleaned up real nice, way better than how it looked when I first got it. 


Three of a kind.





mRnLsA on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs





Also, half the reason Evan came over was to show me his new whip, which looked extra sexy all dressed up in red.


It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment